Friday 26 January 2007

Button Launcher Program for TREO 650

This is a free launcher program I am using, it is a self contained part of PalmCommander which allows you to set up the Phone, Calendar and Messaging hardware buttons to display a menu containing up to 9 programs.

The image on the right shows how I have set up the "Phone" button (I make the first in each screen that keys original function).

You can download the program from http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-917.html?PalmCommander.

By default you can press the hard key many times to select a menu item and have a timeout. I have disabled the timeout as I'd rather select it myself, the on screen menu buttons are big enough for fingers in any case.

Note that I am not completely happy with this program as you have no real control over the positioning of the items on the menu (you can only add to the end) and the "B4" hardkey configuration doesn't work at all.




I have now replaced this application with Screen Buttons (although there is no conflict).

No comments: