Friday 19 November 2010

Issues with "Event Flair" and Google Calendars


If like me you set up the labs "Event Flair" option and wondered why it never works (just sits there displaying "Select an event to add flair") then these are the reasons I know of:

  1. It doesn't work in Agenda view, it will display them but not let you set them.
  2. The above point obviously means you can't search for the item to then allow you to change it.
  3. It doesn't work when editing the calender event.
  4. It doesn't work for all day events, turn that off, add the icon and then set it up again!
  5. It doesn't work for events that span midnight
Hope that helps as a Google search shows that many people are having problems but not much detail is known.

I suppose I may as well go on and mention other issues I've noticed:
  1. Not many icons available
  2. Can't add your own icons
  3. Flair not visible on my Android phone (2.1).

No comments: