Monday 24 January 2011

Pretty Poor Customer service by OKMe.com.au...

Hi,

"OKMe" were claiming a high Recommended Retail Price on an item where an alternative web site had the RRP on the same item at the "OKMe" discounted price, I gave "OKMe" a chance to explain and asked them about this. I got the acknowledgement email quite quickly, this did not include the text of my query (mistake #1).

Their fairly quick response was:
You can view the ticket and reply from web interface from here.
Of course the fact that they didn't include the response is mistake #2. Clicking on that link takes you to to a ticketing login system, why should I need to register to see their response (mistake #3)?

Determined to see the response I created an account, I was able to login with my email address and password. No tickets available, mistake #4.

Back to the ticket logon system, its a separate system (mistake #5) that needs a "user name", but doesn't explain what that is (neither did the registration email or the online profile). Certainly typing email address, name and all likely variations got me nowhere.

Anyway I raised another query on this and got (you probably guessed it):
You can view the ticket and reply from web interface from here.


I'll call that mistake #6. They claim to be Australia's biggest online store, at least their responses were quick, pity its not possible to know what they were. Given their claimed "discounted price" is the same as another's "Recommended Retail Price" and my experience with communications, I'm buying elsewhere :-)

3 comments:

Outsource Call Center said...

Oh' that was really bad! I believe that Customers do not expect perfection, however, they do require a sincere and consistent effort on their behalf. Thanks for the post.

-mel-

Anonymous said...

The phone number on the website doesn't work from the US. It's very frustrating, and I emailed and am still waiting for a response. The prices are much better than elsewhere, so I'm still hoping it's a legit company.

Anonymous said...

Ordered vitamins from site since the prices are cheap compared to local shops. Waited a week and expected order to have shipped by then. Emailed Okme service twice about why my order hasn't shipped, and they say that one product is not in stock and will take 3-5 days from supplier. Waited another 5 days and had to email twice to get any update. Okme said that 2 products now were not in stock, and had to wait 3-5 days from supplier. Waited another 4 days then emailed twice again for update. Okme said that they haven't heard from the supplier(s) and that they will offer me a refund. I email Okme if they can chase up the supplier and that I will wait a few more days. Emailed Okme for refund today, waiting for response - I now get an automated response email with job number and says they will take 1 business day to respond.

Even now the site says that the vitamins are "In stock", but they aren't!! It seems that the "In stock" status is static and never changes!

Lesson is to look elsewhere for your vitamins, and it's worth paying abit more for better service. Until Okme.com.au improves their ordering system and managing their suppliers and stock better, I won't shop there again.